Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > JUST FOR FUN/FUNHOEK > SPORT/SPORTS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 15th June 2009, 06:11 AM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Default LA LAkers: The 2009 NBA Champs

Congratulations to the LA Lakers for winning the 2009 NBA Championship. Coach Phil Jackson is really a genius to again guide the Lakers into it's 15th NBA Championships. And Kobe Bryant became one the most dominant players in the sports. I hope Coach Jackson and Kobe will be healthy enough for another 3-peat in the making. I hope they can acquire again Shaquille O'Neal from the Phoenix Suns in exchange to Andrew Bynum plus or minus Lamar Odom. Kobe-Pau Gasol-Shaq's trio will be the most lethal combinations in the history of the NBA. Shaq deserves another shot to another championship or two before he can finally hangs his jersey at the Staples Center.
Old 17th June 2009, 08:48 PM
tetsujin

Hello Laser. As a lifelong Boston Celtics fan (since 1974), I too will congratulate the Lakers on their 15th title. However, I can hardly imagine that
the Lakers would ever take Shaquille O'Neal back. They are Kobe's team now, and he has proven that he and his mates do indeed have what it takes to win a title without The Big Lummox. Have you forgotten the ugliness that Shaq fomented with Kobe after last year's final loss to the Celtics? Besides, at his age and weight with those balky knees, what value would there be in bringing Shaq back to L.A.? He is barely a shadow of the player he once was, and he is despised by Kobe, and deservedly so. The way that O'Neal has treated Kobe, Dwight Howard, Yao Ming, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and many others has alerted
most all NBA fans to the true nature of his being, and it is an ugly sight, indeed. The Lakers have to make a choice this offseason as whether to keep Ariza or Odom. Once they have done that, they will wade into the market to find a serviceable veteran center. That center will not be The Big Diesel, er, Lummox.