Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > JUST FOR FUN/FUNHOEK > OTHER INTERESTS, NEWS AND SILLINESS/ANDERE NIEUWTJES EN GRAPPIGE ZAKEN
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 15th February 2014, 01:37 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Smile

Here are a few pictures of my summer day at the beautiful searesort of Bournemouth and its 07 miles of golden sandy beaches ...

Karim
Old 15th February 2014, 01:38 PM

Smile

Karim
Old 15th February 2014, 01:38 PM

Smile

Karim
Old 15th February 2014, 01:39 PM

Smile

Karim
Old 15th February 2014, 01:44 PM

Smile

Karim
Old 15th February 2014, 01:49 PM
"She from Down Under"

Some very nice photos of Bournmouth. It is a lovely city and nice to see there is still a pier. So many have been destroyed in recent years.
Thank-you for sharing your holidays with us Karim. I am really enjoying this tour.
Cheers
Janette.
Old 20th February 2014, 06:49 AM

Smile

Thank you so much

Karim
Old 20th February 2014, 07:25 AM

Smile

Welcome to Chester !

Should you ask anybody in France what Chester is about, they will undoubtedly reply "The Cat, of course !" as us French call Lewis Carrol's famous character "The Cheshire Cat" or "Le Chat du Chester" !

Long before I first visited Chester, I had visions of black and white buildings as I once applied for a position at the Grosvenor Hotel before heading instead to Corsica ! Foolish youth !

After visiting this gem of a city, I can safely say that it really is one of Britain's best kept secrets which has so much to offer to the Visitor with its incredible variety of treasures.

I first was greeted with the smile of the Pride of Chester Guide, then started my day by walking around the incredibly well preserved medieval walls which surround the city and offers great views of Chester as well as of the beautiful River Dee and were the perfect introduction to my day in Chester.

I then ventured in the town through the Eastgate Clock which is the second most photographed clock in England after Big ben and offers a truly magnificent view on Eastgate St and its beautiful medieval black & white buildings including the national treasure "The Chester Rows" which have delighted Shoppers for over 700 years and counting.

Wandering through the streets of Chester is a pure delight for anyone intersting in history, architecture or simply beauty as it is everywhere for you to enjoy from the majestic Tudor buildings to the exquisite wood carvings and statues of their facade.

The City even offers a fascinating Roman Heritage in the shape of Britain's largest Roman Amphitheatre dated back to the times when Chester was a busy port importing all kinds of luxury goods from wine to fine pottery.

After exploring the town, I really enjoyed a refreshing walk by the River Dee which is of a great natural beauty and I finally came back for a spot of late lunch at the Brasserie Gerard while listening to classic French songs playing in the background !

The saying "it has it all" could not be more appropriate than to the amazingly beautiful City of Chester which is guaranteed to make a lasting impression when you will decide to visit it

Chester on the UK Map

Map of Chester

Chester Coat of Arms

Karim
Old 20th February 2014, 07:45 AM

Smile

Chester by Day !

Karim
Old 20th February 2014, 08:10 AM

Smile