Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > LICENSED THINGS +/LICENTIES +
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 5th March 2010, 04:02 AM
WILLYBACOBOY

Well, i am a Libra, and that is a good sign too i think, specially together with the Chinese or Eastern sign of the Tiger...

Please do not forget that the eastern people have a complete different calendar.
First it starts already thousands of years before our own known calendar.
It runs from about the start of february to the february of the next year.
This means that you could be born in the year of the tiger for example, but in the first months, which means that you have the sign from the year before.
The problem is that Chinese new year never starts on the same date in every year, that is changing in every year again...
Old 10th March 2010, 07:16 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLYBACOBOY View Post
Well, i am a Libra, and that is a good sign too i think, specially together with the Chinese or Eastern sign of the Tiger...

Please do not forget that the eastern people have a complete different calendar.
First it starts already thousands of years before our own known calendar.
It runs from about the start of february to the february of the next year.
This means that you could be born in the year of the tiger for example, but in the first months, which means that you have the sign from the year before.
The problem is that Chinese new year never starts on the same date in every year, that is changing in every year again...
I know all that, silly! Do you know I've been studying chinese astrology since 1999? And I have respectable notions in Occidental astrology as well. You see, Oriental "first" sign is the Rat, but the monthly period of the Rat (in China, the monthly signs are called "Lunar Ascendants") is located between November 22 and December 21; which is... right onto Sagittarius! And the characteristics of both signs are incredibly similar, let me tell you that! And China's last sign, Pig, is located between October 21 and November 21. Right on Scorpio. With similar characteristics as well. In Occident, we start with Aries, monthly located between March 22 and April 21... right onto China's Lunar Month of the Dragon! And we finish with Pisces, between February 20 and March 21... which is, in Orient, the Lunar Ascendant of the Rabbitt. With similar characteristics once again (like the whole rest of the zodiac).
You know, you are Libra, in the year of Tiger. In China, they would tell you that you are born the Year of the Tiger, during the MONTH of the Dog. That is right! And in Occidental language? That you are a Libra, of the year of the Aquarius.
But to what do the Chinese year correspond, in Occident? If we go back in time, we see that, during many centuries, Lunar Years would arrive right at the change of sign of Jupiter. And that time fit, with a difference of two or three weeks, with the firts New Moon of February. You see, I'm Pisces, with a Jupiter in Taurus. In China, I'm Snake, my Lunar Ascendant being the Rabbitt. Different names... but same characteristics!

The only sad thing is, since the start of the 1950's, Jupiter has been turning around a little too fast for the Chinese Year (why, I do not know; it seems that the difference has always been there, but with the time, it's getting larger and larger) and a "decalage" is created; now, that difference is getting bigger and bigger. Today, despite being the Year of Tiger, Jupiter is now on the following sign, Pisces. That makes me sad a little bit, because we have now to find out what makes the year, the moon or Jupiter?

In any case, Chinese and Occidental astrologies have sooo many similarities (I calculated they are the same at 60%, a lot higher level than laws of coincidence) in the characteristics of the signs (which are too long to write here, unfortunately), their fitting dates, their angles, the symbolics of the planets and Houses... it cannot be coincidence. Chinese Astrology and Occidental Astrology are so similar, it would be losing our time, to ak ourselves which one is the most accurate!
Old 11th March 2010, 05:49 AM
Wildheart

I am Sagittarius.I understood you can only calculate you ascendent after some age,but what is it realy?
I am also a big fan and I know a lot of things about the zodiac(but not chinese).
Old 13th March 2010, 07:03 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildheart View Post
I am Sagittarius.I understood you can only calculate you ascendent after some age,but what is it realy?
I am also a big fan and I know a lot of things about the zodiac(but not chinese).
The occidental ascendant is calculated by the hour of birth. In a horoscope, the ascendant gives you strong characteristics of that sign; like some sort of a caricatured version of that sign, while the solar sign, by comparision, shows itself in a way stronger and more balanced way in your whole personnality.

For example, I'm a Pisces, but my Ascendant is Virgo. Virgo, not only is the total opposite to Pisces (which refrains a few of the Pisces in my personnality), but many people, at first sight, tend to see me more as a Virgo than as a Pisces; they change their minds when they start to know me better.
Pisces is the dreamiest sign of all the zodiac and it's incredibly oblative. Extremely sensitive (up to ridiculousness) and disorganised, its has an "overview" kind of intelligence; its view of things is often vague and unprecise (like its speaches), but it clearly sees the link between all things. It's incredibly intuitive and receptive, but it's also a contemplative sign instead of an active sign; it will have to be very carefull not to be controlled by its sentiments. It tends to live like a bohemian, while its inner life is often way richer than its outer life.

As an opposate, Virgo is a calculating sign. Of all the zodiac, it's the one that sees details the best. It has an analytical mind, but will have trouble to have an overview of things (the opposite of Pisces, as a matter of fact). It's an easy-judging sign who is also obsessed with the notion of time; it will work very hard not to be surprised by unexpected events, because it is scared of being caught unprepared. It will have a very sobre exterior, as its favorite colors are "earth" colors (beige, brown, olive green...).

Here's how everything is mixed up in me. Not only I tend to dress myself into sobre colors (most of all in winter), but in school, I was known for arriving in class before the rest of the students. People around me are amazed by my memory of dates and events and my drawings always show a high level of detail-observation. I appear as an incredibly sobre person, as I never weir make-up, don't change the color of my hair and, in public, I can be incredibly nervous (like Virgo), sometimes up to hysteria. Those characteristics of mine give the impression to others that I am a native of Virgo.

But once they know me better, those people change their minds. Because I am a dreamer. Always day-dreaming. Like a bohemian, I keep my shoes a lot longer than necessary (because of comfort), I hunt treasures in flea markets (not like Virgo who judges the origin of things), and even kept things I found... in other people's garbage; because it was just too beautiful or useful. I do a lot of drawing, sculpting and (you already know it) plush-sewing, because I'm just soo imaginative and that my inner world is so full. My bedroom is a mess, just like my school bag and my locker when I was a student. My feelings are always exagerated, from an extreme to another; that particularity of mine worries the others, because they fear I destroy myself with my emotions. All of this show others I am nothing else than a native of the Pisces. See what I mean?

So, being a Sagittarius to everyone who knows you closely, to those who see you for the first time, you may easily appear as a native of... your Ascendant. That is the nature of the Ascendant, and that is what it does to people.