Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > CUSTOMIZED ANIMALS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 17th June 2011, 04:17 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Default Honey Badger suggestions

I want to include a honey badger(s) in my East African diorama. Any suggestions on which brand of a badger will be easily transferred to a Honey Badger. I see Schleich has one and I think Safari LTD. Any and all suggestions welcomed. I would like to include an African porcupine too but I am not love'n the new Schleich one with the Porcupine man under their Bayla(SP?) line.
Old 17th June 2011, 09:49 PM

Since the schleich is european, he will do better than safari's american one. The cubs would look nice, too if they are seperated from that squatch print.
Old 18th June 2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieP View Post
I want to include a honey badger(s) in my East African diorama. Any suggestions on which brand of a badger will be easily transferred to a Honey Badger. I see Schleich has one and I think Safari LTD. Any and all suggestions welcomed. I would like to include an African porcupine too but I am not love'n the new Schleich one with the Porcupine man under their Bayla(SP?) line.
K&M and PlayVisions both make one and they are pretty good scale with Schleich and the other brands. Both are hard to find but Kaboodle sells the set and it isn't very expensive, here is the link:
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/weas...ine-badger-etc.

Type in weasels, wolverine, badger in the search box and it comes up

Last edited by philter4 : 18th June 2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: information
Old 19th June 2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philter4 View Post
K&M and PlayVisions both make one and they are pretty good scale with Schleich and the other brands. Both are hard to find but Kaboodle sells the set and it isn't very expensive, here is the link:
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/weas...ine-badger-etc.

Type in weasels, wolverine, badger in the search box and it comes up
thanks, Phil. I will check it out.
Old 20th June 2011, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieP View Post
thanks, Phil. I will check it out.
I was not aware of one from K&M, but I do know the Play Visions one--it has been out of production for about 6 years now; the link through Kaboodle (as a ratel) leads to realcooltoys, for whom it is (unsurprisingly) out of stock.

There is also a strange looking badger made for the Kaiyodo animaltales line--probably based on the Asian badgers:

Also, there is a Bullyland euro badger as well.
Old 20th June 2011, 02:10 PM

I did find the bullyland one too. Thanks for all the information. I think I may repaint the Schleich one to look like the Honey Badger. I like that one the best and most similar to the Honey Badger so it should not take a lot to transform him.
Old 20th June 2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaSean View Post
I was not aware of one from K&M, but I do know the Play Visions one--it has been out of production for about 6 years now; the link through Kaboodle (as a ratel) leads to realcooltoys, for whom it is (unsurprisingly) out of stock.

There is also a strange looking badger made for the Kaiyodo animaltales line--probably based on the Asian badgers:

Also, there is a Bullyland euro badger as well.
Hi again Sean,
I am sorry the link led you to RealCoolToys, if I had known that I would not have sent it to you, I knew they are out of stock. I might have the PlayVision one and I will look for it. The reason I say "might" is I think the box that had many of the animal toys was accidently donated to a hospice thrift store, I can't find it anywhere and my mom came by about 3 months ago and took a whole bunch of stuff to donate.

The Kaiyodo is the Asian subspecies of badger, Meles meles anakuma, and it is a fairly good model but you are correct, the shape is different then a honey badger.