Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > PAPO ONLY
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 17th January 2011, 07:33 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

I like the madnrill, I hope it is small, relative to their gorilla and not too big. Yak is nice and might compliment Schleich's one well. For some reason I was expecting a new Jaguar pose, but this one looks nice and I already love there normal jaguar. The platypus looks ok, but they don't interest me and the Chamois looks ver nice. The indian elephants look AMAZING to me, they are magnificent and very realistic. I will be getting them. Unusual that the female has such long tusks. Normally females have little or no tusks, yet these are very long. Unless it's meant to be a male, but then that doesn't explain why it comes with a baby.

The bactrian camel looks nice, better than the last. I like the detail in the gorilla. If they put as much effort into making a normal gorilla like that it would be the best available. I also like the boxer, I am suprised Schleich hasn't made one again.
Old 17th January 2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy DC View Post
I like the madnrill, I hope it is small, relative to their gorilla and not too big. Yak is nice and might compliment Schleich's one well. For some reason I was expecting a new Jaguar pose, but this one looks nice and I already love there normal jaguar. The platypus looks ok, but they don't interest me and the Chamois looks ver nice. The indian elephants look AMAZING to me, they are magnificent and very realistic. I will be getting them. Unusual that the female has such long tusks. Normally females have little or no tusks, yet these are very long. Unless it's meant to be a male, but then that doesn't explain why it comes with a baby.

The bactrian camel looks nice, better than the last. I like the detail in the gorilla. If they put as much effort into making a normal gorilla like that it would be the best available. I also like the boxer, I am suprised Schleich hasn't made one again.
You can see the sizes for all the animals, here's a link the the Mandrill http://www.figuren-spielland.de/papo...1-p-31120.html
I'm really pleased with most of the releases - I'm disappointed the jaguar was just a repaint and the elephants are too small.
Old 17th January 2011, 08:27 PM

I don't normally go by the sizes given as I think an animal seems different in person. Going by these tha Mandrill seems a little big, but perhaps the stride in his arms is all the lenght. The elephants seem ok, although 10cm for the baby seems a little big, compared with only 17 for the adult.

Also, why do you think they are too small. They are bigger than Schleich's female and baby, what size do you look for?
Old 17th January 2011, 08:49 PM

Luckily, thay have the black leopard wwhich could work as a black jaguar or the opposite, since the colour isn't noticeable because of being a menelistic.
Old 17th January 2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Also, why do you think they are too small. They are bigger than Schleich's female and baby, what size do you look for?
Elephants are huge creatures - I've always wanted an elephant that's in scale with, for instance, Schleich zebras. All brands (except for the Safari ltd wildlife wonders elephants) always make elephants too small, well most of their animals aren't in scale with one another actually - not that it matters to me. But I'd like an elephant in scale with my schleich zebras.
Old 17th January 2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
I don't normally go by the sizes given as I think an animal seems different in person. Going by these tha Mandrill seems a little big, but perhaps the stride in his arms is all the lenght. The elephants seem ok, although 10cm for the baby seems a little big, compared with only 17 for the adult.

I still really like the new elephants, just wish they were bigger. By the way, you're right about the tusks, they are too long for a female.
Old 18th January 2011, 01:21 AM

I hate to be critical, esp. because I do like Papo, but I feel the elephants look like circus elephants, almost performing, esp with the tail holding.

A big bull elephant that I really like is from Bully-with its trunk up like it is reaching for a branch. Though I love Schleich, I do agree they are small in comparison to the other animals (Except Giraffe)...but I do like them. I will need to set them apart from the others in my diorama.
Old 18th January 2011, 03:32 AM

I need the jaguar....
Old 18th January 2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieP View Post
I hate to be critical, esp. because I do like Papo, but I feel the elephants look like circus elephants, almost performing, esp with the tail holding.
Totally agreed with that!
Old 18th January 2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I don't normally go by the sizes given as I think an animal seems different in person. Going by these tha Mandrill seems a little big, but perhaps the stride in his arms is all the lenght...
Yeah, the 7.5cm high mandrill is quite big - head and shoulders above the Schleich leopard which is 4.5cm tall.
But it should look OK next to other inhabitants of African rainforests - okapis by any brand, Schleich and Papo gorillas, chimps by any brand...