Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > SAFARI LTD. ONLY
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd September 2010, 02:17 AM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Default 2011 Safari Ltd. Animals are Fantastic!!

As a store owner, I got a chance to see the 2011 Safari Ltd. Releases early and I can tell you that they are fantastic! In my opinion, the quality of the new Safari Ltd. animals is now basically equal to that of Schleich. If they continue to improve I would say they have a clear shot at dethroning Schleich in this industry. Unfortunately, I believe I am not allowed to announce the new animals as the information has not yet been released to the public but I'm sure it will be released very soon. Keep your eyes open!
Old 3rd September 2010, 06:31 AM

I would like to know if they brought out any more Blue Ribbon Horses or a Wildlife Wonders Okapi!
Old 3rd September 2010, 06:48 AM

i hope they added African antelopes to their set
Old 3rd September 2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elclavo75 View Post
...the quality of the new Safari Ltd. animals is now basically equal to that of Schleich. If they continue to improve I would say they have a clear shot at dethroning Schleich in this industry. Unfortunately, I believe I am not allowed to announce the new animals as the information has not yet been released to the public but I'm sure it will be released very soon. Keep your eyes open!
Wow!
Althogh you can't name exact species, could you tell us why do you think the quality of the new Safari Ltd. increased? In which parameters?
And are there any new Wings of the World birds?
Old 3rd September 2010, 03:46 PM

Great news, I hope we see a bongo or okapi. LOL!
Old 4th September 2010, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiryuha View Post
Wow!
Althogh you can't name exact species, could you tell us why do you think the quality of the new Safari Ltd. increased? In which parameters?
And are there any new Wings of the World birds?
In my opinion, the quality of Safari Ltd. continues to increase for a number of reasons. For me, quality consists of the types and realisticness of new models as well as the paint jobs on them. Over the past 3 years, Safari Ltd. has consistently made gains on Schleich by each year producing more realistic figures, improving paint jobs on existing figures, and producing more exotic and less well-known animals (for example Red-Eared Slider Turtle). In addition, as Safari Ltd. has been making gains on Schleich every year (in my opinion of course), Schleich has been staying at the same pace as usual, releasing quality models, but not taking many risks by producing rare lesser known animals that would appeal to collectors as it appears Safari Ltd. is doing. In my opinion, this past year Schleich lost even more ground on Safari Ltd. by making the bad decision of rescaling the dogs line. These are just my opinions of course and I would love to hear what other collectors think!
Old 4th September 2010, 05:39 AM

I have seen the same Safari previews--and some other, better photos of a few things. I would also agree that, increasingly, Safari is stripping Schleich of it's dominance. Schleich seems to now be more interested in market share and big retailers--so no risks, and maintain a status quo. Safari is obviously more interested in creating a wide variety for educational, play, and collectible purposes.

Safari has got some great stuff this year--and if I had to guess, there are probably other releases that aren't in the preview (one example--only one Carnegie dino is listed).
Old 4th September 2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaSean View Post
I have seen the same Safari previews--and some other, better photos of a few things. I would also agree that, increasingly, Safari is stripping Schleich of it's dominance. Schleich seems to now be more interested in market share and big retailers--so no risks, and maintain a status quo. Safari is obviously more interested in creating a wide variety for educational, play, and collectible purposes.

Safari has got some great stuff this year--and if I had to guess, there are probably other releases that aren't in the preview (one example--only one Carnegie dino is listed).
There are other new releases that are not pictured in the preview, but they are listed on the new product list so I believe everything on the list is all that is new for 2011 and I think only 1 Carnegie Dino will be produced for 2011. Hopefully I am wrong though and Safari still has a few more surprises up their sleeves!
Old 4th September 2010, 11:03 AM

It's nice to have some competition in the market, it keeps the companies on their toes. And gives us more figures!
Old 4th September 2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elclavo75 View Post
...Over the past 3 years, Safari Ltd. has consistently made gains on Schleich by each year producing more realistic figures, improving paint jobs on existing figures, and producing more exotic and less well-known animals (for example Red-Eared Slider Turtle). In addition, as Safari Ltd. has been making gains on Schleich every year (in my opinion of course), Schleich has been staying at the same pace as usual, releasing quality models, but not taking many risks by producing rare lesser known animals that would appeal to collectors as it appears Safari Ltd. is doing. In my opinion, this past year Schleich lost even more ground on Safari Ltd. by making the bad decision of rescaling the dogs line. These are just my opinions of course and I would love to hear what other collectors think!
Well, I think that Schleich's regular pace is the right thing for today's world and market.
For me the scale of the animals is very important as I always place figures in zoogeograhical displays. That's why, for example, the whole Safari Wildlife Wonders series is not interesting to me.
And Schleich is trying to maintain more or less uniformity in scales and paintings and production materials. Although there are also many scale flaws...