Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > PAPO ONLY
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 27th February 2010, 02:23 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Isn't it one of our members here (through Willy) has already posted the new photos of the animals that CollectA is going to be released this year? Well, the CollectA, together with Papo hasn't updated their websites yet. For whatever reason is I don't know yet though.

Anyway, I do hope the CollectA will really release a buffalo this year too. Of course, it is always nice to put them together. And isn't it, it's nice actually that this new Papo Buffalo has the same size or scale as the Schleich's? At least they will look uniform in their size.

And I am quite sure, since the Papo and probably the CollectA also, has made each of their buffalo this year. I am thinking that the Schleich may probably make their own by next year or so. If that happens, I am the very first person that will be very happy.
Old 27th February 2010, 03:13 PM

[quote=Lasersword1973;49973]Isn't it one of our members here (through Willy) has already posted the new photos of the animals that CollectA is going to be released this year? Well, the CollectA, together with Papo hasn't updated their websites yet. For whatever reason is I don't know yet though. [quote]

I look at their web site frequently and they have the 2010 releases listed, but there is no buffalo, I hope this is a mistake or just overlooked. I don't remember who posted the pics, but I saw the pic of the CollectA buffalo as well, but it was an artist rendering, not an actual model. If and when it is available I will get that one as well, I eventually want a pretty big herd for the diorama.
Old 27th February 2010, 08:50 PM

I just checked myself, definitely the CollectA hasn't updated their website yet. Mostly are belong to their 2009 released only. Well, I hope so....
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:39 PM
WILLYBACOBOY

Very nice buffalo Phil!
And a nice herd not to forget...
Old 27th March 2010, 11:46 AM

Best cape buffalo safari's good but this has that extra detail and realism, their lionness likewise but the lions seem a bit too big and the male lion not as good,if only their could be more consistency.
Old 30th March 2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petebuster1 View Post
Best cape buffalo safari's good but this has that extra detail and realism, their lionness likewise but the lions seem a bit too big and the male lion not as good,if only their could be more consistency.
That is my biggest problem when purchasing models, either in person from a local store or an online vendor, I look at the dimensions and think it will fit, but when it arrives it is just not quite right. Too bad because there are so many figures that I would love to include in my dioramas and can't, but such is life. My newest dilema is the tigerress and cub, I know it will be too big, but the pics of the figure is so nice I may get her anyway.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:38 PM

i had plans for an african dio (the one i used for the prehistoric) but because of the size differences i thought it would look a bit silly.I dont understand why schleich have done such great models yet get the scales wrong?????its the best lioness ive seen anywhere yet it virtually see's the cape buffalo eye to eye
Old 30th March 2010, 10:48 PM

sorry wrong companys but you know what i mean,lol
Old 2nd January 2012, 01:00 AM

i just found this thread.

when i went to buy a cape buffalo, i compared the papo and safari side by side. I ultimately chose the safari, just because it was a bit bigger and better scaled to fit into my animal collection, which i try to keep in scale with each other. The birds also played a part in my decision. :)

The papo one looked a bit better though. The nice angled hard edged look to the torso and hips was much like i remembered cape buffalo to be. But when i got home, i looked up pics of cape buffalo and found that the safari one looked fine too. There being quite a variation in the appearance of cape buffalo, which i gather is regional and natural variation.

I liked the face of the safari better.