Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > SCHLEICH ONLY
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 21st July 2011, 05:10 AM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Doc,
You never cease to amaze me and to encourage me to be more discerning.
Thank you Uncle , my pride to be an inspiration for your collections and search
Old 30th August 2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnarayanan View Post
Thank you Uncle , my pride to be an inspiration for your collections and search
Now, get inspiration to find space to store your 12 000 000 pieces.
Old 31st August 2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
Now, get inspiration to find space to store your 12 000 000 pieces.
getting inspiration [ with perspiration ]
Old 10th October 2011, 12:57 PM

There are so many colour variations of Schleich Animals, what makes it almost impossible to get them all...

I enclosed pictures of some of the colour variations of the old cheetah,( diffrent in the spots ), giant antater ( dark and bright version ), cape buffalo (dark and bright horns ), old Greater Kudu ( dark and bright version ),the black rhino ( dark and bright version ),the old Appaloosa Stallion in three diffrent colour variations ( one of them has an fold right ear, it was part of a Ravensburger Puzzle ) and the Asian Elephant bull. When it was first published in 1998, it had a shiny colur. Later it was changed to a non shiny colour to make it more realistic, because elephants are not shiny...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Appaloosa.JPG (74.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Appaloosa 2.JPG (77.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Appalloosa 3.JPG (64.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Black Rhino.JPG (70.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Asian Elephant Bull.JPG (75.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Cape Buffalo.JPG (70.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Cheetah.JPG (77.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Giant Antater.JPG (74.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Greater Kudu.JPG (70.2 KB, 33 views)
Old 16th October 2011, 07:51 PM

The second cheetah is defenitely better than the first one, but in the case of cape buffaloes, the only difference between the two is the color of horns and hooves...
Old 17th October 2011, 04:32 AM

Fantastic Charly !!! I too do have many variations . They all are master pieces[ made in Germany and Portugal ]
Old 23rd October 2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnarayanan View Post
Honestly speaking , I didn't find groass difference in Germany and China schleichs . Infact , some China versions were better than Germany ones.

Oflate, I could see that the new animals released from China are tremendously beautiful and outstanding. May be the schleich people focus complete attention on China as it is the sole production unit nowadays.

But as far the vintage animals are concerned , I was a big fan of Portugal and Germany versions .
I know Schleich chinese stuff can be outstanding; I have a few ones myself. But what I'm saying is, the brand "Made in China" is so common everywhere it seems logical to me to encourage "Made in Germany" and "Made in Portugal" Schleich products as much as we can. As well as all products made in other countries than China, whatever brand it is. China is slowly (quickly?) acquiring the monopoly of almost all manufactures in the world, and that's not fair for other countries. Other countries have the right to have manufactures as well. Why do you think Canada is not among the richest countries in the world anymore? Because many of their manufactures are now in China, which made many Canadians lose their jobs. Why do you think there is so much criminality in France? Because many of their manufactures are now in China, which means the French people have more trouble finding jobs. Why do you think there is less and less children born in North America? Because many people are now experiencing poverty and those same people refuse to give birth, avoiding their children suffering from the poverty from which they themselves suffered (it's my own case, in fact! I know what poverty is, and I refuse to have kids because I don't want to have kids who will suffer from economic insecurity like I did). Why do you think the rate of suicide is so high in Japan? Because japanese manufactures are getting rarer and rarer, which creates a wind of desperation in Japan.

All of it to tell you what a country monopolising manufactures is so wrong. And Schleich, as well as Safari ltd and CollecTa, encourage that situation. And it's not only about toys! Many clothes are now made in China, as well as electronic pieces, cooking material and tools. It seems the "American Dream" is dying, to be replaced by the "Chinese Dream"...
Old 31st December 2011, 01:10 AM

Hi all , [ esp. Valerie ] , I picked up some original "made in Germany " schleich cows in my recent visit abroad . The best part is that they all are retired long back . After a long time , I am seeing the mark " made in Germany " . It's indeed exciting for me .

Being a hard core bovine lover , I also got Yak and Angus bull [ both made in china ] as doubles to my collection .

So , the pics. of both versions [ rt. Germany & lt. China ] of Fleckvieh , Holstein cow grazing and Holstein standing .

I would say the chineses versions are equally good to the German ones . [ But I am an addict to the words " made in Germany " . At times , I have found the retired Germany versions painted glossy and rich looking. Same is the case with my Holstein cows .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schleich holstein cows grazing.jpg (43.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg schleich Holstein cows standing.jpg (44.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg schleich Holstein cows standing (1).jpg (45.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg schleich Fleckvieh cows grazing.jpg (44.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg schleich yaks.jpg (48.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg schleich Angus bulls (1).jpg (42.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 13th January 2012, 10:02 PM

If you are a bovine fan, you must not have trouble finding what you like with all the cow toys we see everywhere!
Old 14th January 2012, 03:47 PM

wow a big difference in detail on the cheetah. The first one (left) has no detail at all! it was like it was not completed.