Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > SCHLEICH ONLY
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 30th July 2011, 07:35 PM
drnarayanan drnarayanan is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,488
Default

Airedale terrier and Ibex added up in my collection of schleich retireds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Schleich Airedale terrier.jpg (55.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Schleich Ibex.jpg (53.4 KB, 33 views)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 31st July 2011, 06:34 PM
Bowhead Whale's Avatar
Bowhead Whale Bowhead Whale is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mauricie, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,228
Default

The ibex has been retired too soon, to my opinion. Remember the Elasmosaurus, the Kronosaurus and the Minke Whale? The Minke Whale was retired only after four years and the two marine prehistoric animals I mentionned didn't even have three years of career! I wonder why Schleich is so "unfair" for its releases' careers. While a few pieces last almost fifteen years in catalogs, others hardly have two years...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 1st August 2011, 04:35 AM
drnarayanan drnarayanan is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
The ibex has been retired too soon, to my opinion. Remember the Elasmosaurus, the Kronosaurus and the Minke Whale? The Minke Whale was retired only after four years and the two marine prehistoric animals I mentionned didn't even have three years of career! I wonder why Schleich is so "unfair" for its releases' careers. While a few pieces last almost fifteen years in catalogs, others hardly have two years...

May be the 2 pre historic marine animals were not showing results in the market I think , the company takes a statistics from their various sources of distributirs on how their individual products are moving in the market . Based on the results , they eliminate the animals year by year .

But 1 thing is for sure ;
IF they are very much concerned about their profits and business , they SHOULD also be concerned about their customers' profits and satisfaction too .
This can be done by limiting the number of each animal's production every year so that the production can be constrained with in Germany and Portugal , hence forth they can concentrate on the quality of animals . Thus , we collectors as customers , will be doubly satisfied for the huge price we are paying off .
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 5th August 2011, 07:37 PM
Bowhead Whale's Avatar
Bowhead Whale Bowhead Whale is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mauricie, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnarayanan View Post
May be the 2 pre historic marine animals were not showing results in the market I think , the company takes a statistics from their various sources of distributirs on how their individual products are moving in the market . Based on the results , they eliminate the animals year by year .

But 1 thing is for sure ;
IF they are very much concerned about their profits and business , they SHOULD also be concerned about their customers' profits and satisfaction too .
This can be done by limiting the number of each animal's production every year so that the production can be constrained with in Germany and Portugal , hence forth they can concentrate on the quality of animals . Thus , we collectors as customers , will be doubly satisfied for the huge price we are paying off .
Of course! When we buy something, it doesn't mean we don't feel caught in a trap afterwards. My Blue Whale and my Eagle Ray are two good examples of disappointment. I'm much, MUCH more satisfied about my Whale Shark and my Minke Whale! As for my Desmatosuchus, I had to get it from Ebay after its retirement, because its catalog career was way too short. And right on time: afterwards, its price had got so high! There is no point of keeping a figure for only one year to replace it by another one the next year! You need to give your customers the chance to discover them.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 16th February 2012, 03:34 AM
drnarayanan drnarayanan is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,488
Default

Folks , look here the treasures I acquired very recently . I bought them all for just 65 USD .[ Believe me ]

most of them are made in Germany and Portugal . Esp. the schleich special dogs and minis . I am very excited with these arrivals .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01331.jpg (93.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01329.jpg (97.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01330.jpg (72.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01327.jpg (85.3 KB, 30 views)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 19th February 2012, 05:00 PM
taos taos is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 318
Default

Great collection there with some really nice,rare and valuable models!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 20th February 2012, 03:22 AM
drnarayanan drnarayanan is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taos View Post
Great collection there with some really nice,rare and valuable models!
Thanks Taos . Yeah , as u said , these are a lot of really great and valuable models . I am elated You know , this was a jack pot for me.

By the way , happy to hear from you after a looong hiatus .
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 21st February 2012, 07:50 AM
drnarayanan drnarayanan is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,488
Default

Here are the pics. individually . First and foremost is the Antique Borneo Orangutan from the " Exclusive Collection Series "

A real gem in my collection indeed

The special dogs , all new with info tags intact .
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 21st February 2012, 08:38 AM
drnarayanan drnarayanan is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,488
Default

and more.....more treasures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schleich turkey oldest version.jpg (55.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg schleich white tiger [ vintage ].jpg (50.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg schleich white tiger cub [ vintage ].jpg (38.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg schleich brown cow laying.jpg (38.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg schleich piglets.jpg (35.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg schleich hyaena [ older version ].jpg (40.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg schleich white pelicans.jpg (47.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg schleich vintage calves.jpg (40.6 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 23rd February 2012, 07:44 PM
Bowhead Whale's Avatar
Bowhead Whale Bowhead Whale is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mauricie, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,228
Default

WOW! This turkey and those pelicans really are something.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.