Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > SCHLEICH ONLY
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 16th December 2011, 09:45 PM
Bowhead Whale's Avatar
Bowhead Whale Bowhead Whale is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mauricie, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnarayanan View Post
Of course Valerie , may I know why you are so impressed with Baleen whales ? Any striking features have you noticed in them ? Or is it becoz of their anatomical beauty ?
There we go! We have to explain our crushes, now.
I'm not even sure of the reason why I like baleen whales so much. Anatomical beauty? Many animals have it! Special feature? Invertebrates beat vertebrates in that area.

Maybe because they just physically look like me. They are heavy, they are big, they are strong... but basically defenseless. No fangs, no claws, no venom, no horns, no shell. And they cannot leave the sea, or their weight will kill them. They cannot even bite, because they have no teeth at all. They live hidden, with only their backs above the water and their true faces are virtually unknown to common people. We have to go under water to see them fully. And yet we know not much about them, they have been massacred for... their body fat! Just like I was somehow when I was a child (socially massacred because of my body fat). They can endure extremely cold waters just like I can endure canadian harsh winters. But they can easily suffer from dehydration in summer, just like myself, who hardly stands canicules.
All of it to tell you that it's probably just some sort of self-identification. And you know what? If I'm right, I'd be ready to bet that HyeanaSean's crush for hyeanas must be some sort of self-identification to hyeanas as well. Am I right?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 17th December 2011, 03:02 PM
HyenaSean HyenaSean is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastend, Saskatchewan
Posts: 353
Default

I don't know about self-identification per se but perhaps more of an aspiration.

I understand them as intelligent, big, good parents, defensive of their clan, adorable, determined, aggressive, vicious, uncompromising, adaptable, and willing and able to do whatever they have to in order to survive.

And they're better than lions.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 17th December 2011, 07:13 PM
Bowhead Whale's Avatar
Bowhead Whale Bowhead Whale is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mauricie, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaSean View Post
I don't know about self-identification per se but perhaps more of an aspiration.

I understand them as intelligent, big, good parents, defensive of their clan, adorable, determined, aggressive, vicious, uncompromising, adaptable, and willing and able to do whatever they have to in order to survive.

And they're better than lions.
Why do you say they are better than lions? Because they hunt more than them?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 18th December 2011, 02:45 PM
HyenaSean HyenaSean is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastend, Saskatchewan
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
Why do you say they are better than lions? Because they hunt more than them?
I just think they are better. Or maybe to the point, lions are overrated.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 18th December 2011, 06:47 PM
Bowhead Whale's Avatar
Bowhead Whale Bowhead Whale is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mauricie, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaSean View Post
I just think they are better. Or maybe to the point, lions are overrated.
So, you like species that have an undeserved bad reputation.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 18th December 2011, 07:53 PM
HyenaSean HyenaSean is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastend, Saskatchewan
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
So, you like species that have an undeserved bad reputation.
No, I like hyaenas. I am a fan of their evolutionary as well as natural history.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 20th December 2011, 07:46 PM
Bowhead Whale's Avatar
Bowhead Whale Bowhead Whale is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mauricie, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaSean View Post
No, I like hyaenas. I am a fan of their evolutionary as well as natural history.
But since, you still don't know why hyeanas instead of... I don't know... pigs, hippopotamuses, or kangaroos?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 21st December 2011, 07:52 PM
HyenaSean HyenaSean is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastend, Saskatchewan
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
But since, you still don't know why hyeanas instead of... I don't know... pigs, hippopotamuses, or kangaroos?
I've never really felt the need to justify myself to others--perhaps that's why.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 21st December 2011, 08:06 PM
Bowhead Whale's Avatar
Bowhead Whale Bowhead Whale is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mauricie, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaSean View Post
I've never really felt the need to justify myself to others--perhaps that's why.
Of course not! I never meant you to justify to others. Neither do I, in fact.
It's just that I noticed that when we have a crush on something, there is ALWAYS a reason, no matter if we are conscious of it or not. Sometimes, this reason becomes obvious, because those crushes all have at least one thing in common, and it's that common characteristics that hit us; and it's then I became conscious of sides of myself when I discovered those common points. But sometimes, the reason fails to be noticed by the person, for a reason or another. That's all.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.