Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > PAPO ONLY
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 17th October 2009, 01:19 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Default New Papo Additions to my collection

I received some more Papo models from a seller who sells through Ebay here in the UK. Her prices are really cheap and she is excellent and reliable.

I love the lioness, simply stunning! and the Stag is really impressive too. I already had one kudu but I had to have another....

I was pleasantly surprised by the stag it is really nice and very well made. Again my pics are taken on my phone, sorry peeps!

Old 17th October 2009, 01:29 PM

Nice additions to the collection, Numaan!
But isn't the stag too big? I always thought the Schleich red deer to be rather too big, but the Papo one is even larger.
Old 17th October 2009, 02:21 PM

Wonderful additions Numaan , Congrats !!! The papo stag is indeed very nice . Every animal figurine is a masterpiece in it's own way , I always feel that . I have a strong opinion that no single animal figurine of one's collection would be a waste or ugly thing , as long as he or she collects it with a great passion to the heart's content .
Some thing like , the animal which I think is not up to the mark in my view , may look absolutely good to you and vice versa , isn't it ?
It is very important that the owner of a collection should like his or her stuffs and be completely satisfied with the collections , than the others !!!

Honestly , till today , I have admired each and every animal of every brand and at times even unbranded animals , as some thing in them is sparkling and triggers my admiration for these . Of course , exception is for some hopeless , disfigured animals accepted by all .
Old 17th October 2009, 03:37 PM

I agree that the Papo's Stag is good. But the thing I don't know is, he is ugly on photos. The more close up and the more detail shot he gets, the uglier he can be. But he is very very handsome in up close and personal.

The only thing i don't like is the soft antlers. It is easily gets deformed. And it is very obvious in their Moose. That's why I am worried that one day, it will just fall off from it's head.

And although Papo is very good in making their big cats, Rhinos, Hippos and Crox in general, they are very bad in making Giraffes and Zebras.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 028.jpg (28.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 18th October 2009, 08:34 AM
WILLYBACOBOY

Congrats Numaan!
Nice new editions,Papo figurines are very nice indeed!
Old 18th October 2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasersword1973 View Post
I agree that the Papo's Stag is good. But the thing I don't know is, he is ugly on photos. The more close up and the more detail shot he gets, the uglier he can be. But he is very very handsome in up close and personal.

The only thing i don't like is the soft antlers. It is easily gets deformed. And it is very obvious in their Moose. That's why I am worried that one day, it will just fall off from it's head.

And although Papo is very good in making their big cats, Rhinos, Hippos and Crox in general, they are very bad in making Giraffes and Zebras.
I agree that PAPO are TOP and the best in making the wild cats and reptiles such as their croc and dinosaurs. I think the Papo Crocodile is singlehandedly the BEST reptile model I have ever seen. It is fantastic.

Papo have incorporated really good 2009 models with some of their older models which are awful such as their bison and zebra but I have a feeling that they will renew these for 2010. The have to. Their zebra is terrible! cant wait....
Old 18th October 2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleichzoo View Post
I agree that PAPO are TOP and the best in making the wild cats and reptiles such as their croc and dinosaurs. I think the Papo Crocodile is singlehandedly the BEST reptile model I have ever seen. It is fantastic.

Papo have incorporated really good 2009 models with some of their older models which are awful such as their bison and zebra but I have a feeling that they will renew these for 2010. The have to. Their zebra is terrible! cant wait....
In addition to what you've just mentioned. The Papo's Adult Hippo and the calf, the Adult Rhino and the calf and the three meerkats are also very very nice, probably the best so far.
Old 20th October 2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiryuha View Post
Nice additions to the collection, Numaan!
But isn't the stag too big? I always thought the Schleich red deer to be rather too big, but the Papo one is even larger.
Of course this stag is too big for the Schleich standart but not if you compare it with the papo's kudu..
Papo's new products are bigger, like a breed between Schleich and Safari.
Nevertheless, one can consider Papos have a good size, Safaris are too big and Schleichs too small...
Old 20th October 2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I agree with you about the zebra and the old giraffe.

But the new one is very good and of course taller than the too small Schleich giraffes.
Old 20th October 2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
In addition to what you've just mentioned. The Papo's Adult Hippo and the calf, the Adult Rhino and the calf and the three meerkats are also very very nice, probably the best so far.
Yes, yes and yes !