Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > PAPO ONLY
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12th August 2009, 11:05 AM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Default Papo 2009 Dromedary Camel, Puffin and Turtle

I received some more 2009 Papo models. I have now started to collect the papo zoo range as it is not that big and the newer models are fantastic!

The camel did look cartoonish in the catalogue but it is not so bad and quite nice. Camels are funny animals anyway!

The Puffin and turtle are really well detailed and metculously hand painted. Top marks! Following pictures have been taken with my mobile so apologies for the poor photos.

Finally all three together
Old 12th August 2009, 03:27 PM

The Sea turtle and the Puffins are well made. I will definitely get the Puffin and the turtle next time.

I agree with you I also bought many Papo figures before and they are look bad in the pictures but so much better when you look at them closely.

Thanks for posting by the way.
Old 12th August 2009, 06:55 PM

Very nice, very nice, y love the variety.
Old 12th August 2009, 08:01 PM

Default Turtles , Made in Peru .

The puffin is brilliant and a daring venture . Hats off to Papo . I remember I bought a pair of sea turtles , a yr. back in the US , made in PERU . Amazing sculpt and rich details . Handmade , partly stone and partly ceramic . In person , you can appreciate the glossy and matt finishes , 50 / 50 on each figurine . Here I have included a red bird and a frog too , made in Peru . Pls. have a close look

These are very delicate and brittle . In person , they are indeed , incredible than you see in the pic. They are very light to hold . The turtles are on scale with schleich , safari and papo .

I like the Papo dromedary , it's good except for the face and the turtle also is quite good . A brilliant addition to your collections esp. the Puffin !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New arrivals 040.jpg (76.1 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg New arrivals 039.jpg (72.3 KB, 46 views)
Old 13th August 2009, 04:33 PM
WILLYBACOBOY

Great stuff Doc!
Specially the red bird,i don't know the name for it in English,we call it rockrooster.
Old 13th August 2009, 07:32 PM

Hey Willy , the red colored bird is the national bird of Peru , called Andean cock of the rock [Rupicola Peruviana ] other wise called Rock hen .
Old 13th August 2009, 09:39 PM

Yeah Doc, it is a very nice bird. I am sure this bird is even nicer in real one.
Old 14th August 2009, 10:45 AM
WILLYBACOBOY

Thanks Doc,i did knew the species since i was young,but i didn't knew the proper name in English, and i was to lazy to find it on the net.
The name i gave before(rock-rooster) was freely translated from our Dutch name for the bird,and is not even far form the names you give me...;rock-hen and cock of the rock...,those names mean actually almost the same...
Old 6th February 2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasersword1973 View Post
Yeah Doc, it is a very nice bird. I am sure this bird is even nicer in real one.
If only I could find it in the stores... in my area, the only Papo stores have on their shelves are the knights. Not so varied.
Old 7th February 2010, 08:06 AM
Wildheart

I was lately into stores,and I see that Papo mostly sells newer items(with great paint jobs)and less older ones.The older are realy starting to get UGLY!!!All of their big cats are orange(exept for the panther which is grey with black spots).
The newer models are stunning(I still think the camel is weird),but I can't find the puffin...