Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > PAPO ONLY
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 28th June 2009, 01:02 AM
tetsujin
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for posting these excellent photos of these very fine Papo pieces. I feel that they are comparable to the Schleich versions, but not superior to them. Anyway, just my two cents.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 28th June 2009, 02:53 AM
Lasersword1973's Avatar
Lasersword1973 Lasersword1973 is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsujin View Post
Thanks for posting these excellent photos of these very fine Papo pieces. I feel that they are comparable to the Schleich versions, but not superior to them. Anyway, just my two cents.
For me it's like Schleich is the Depending Champion for years but the Papo is getting and getting closer. It's up to Schleich whether they want to let Papo overtaken them or work harder to cement that lead .
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 28th June 2009, 04:31 AM
Lasersword1973's Avatar
Lasersword1973 Lasersword1973 is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,549
Default

By the way, I will be getting a new Papo today. My friend will give me his three cute meerkat today.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 28th June 2009, 04:41 AM
drnarayanan drnarayanan is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasersword1973 View Post
For me it's like Schleich is the Depending Champion for years but the Papo is getting and getting closer. It's up to Schleich whether they want to let Papo overtaken them or work harder to cement that lead .
What I feel is , in Papo , though the animals in this year release look good , the paint job has to improve a lot lot . See , I observed the Papo kudu , Gnu , Ostritch etc..

With schleich kudu [ Portugal version ] , the papo one's sculpt is bit inferior . In the sense , when u see the legs , the schleich one is perfect with detailed hooves , bone projections and musculature etc. The painting is too good only in Portugal version . [ As I have it ]. The china made version is bit messy in terms of paint job.

Of course , the papo gnu is unbeatable . Again , the hooves have blunt edges and not as chiseled as in Schleich .

Over all , I feel Schleich has a good command over the details and paint . They need to concentrate on scale size , introduce different range of animals , [ like the previous birds of prey , coral fishes , cats series , forest animals ] , Concentrate more on Wild animals , [ as papo is the real competitor in this area ] and above all , they should make animals in action like running , crouching , playing , jaws opening etc.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 28th June 2009, 06:18 AM
Lasersword1973's Avatar
Lasersword1973 Lasersword1973 is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnarayanan View Post
What I feel is , in Papo , though the animals in this year release look good , the paint job has to improve a lot lot . See , I observed the Papo kudu , Gnu , Ostritch etc..

With schleich kudu [ Portugal version ] , the papo one's sculpt is bit inferior . In the sense , when u see the legs , the schleich one is perfect with detailed hooves , bone projections and musculature etc. The painting is too good only in Portugal version . [ As I have it ]. The china made version is bit messy in terms of paint job.

Of course , the papo gnu is unbeatable . Again , the hooves have blunt edges and not as chiseled as in Schleich .

Over all , I feel Schleich has a good command over the details and paint . They need to concentrate on scale size , introduce different range of animals , [ like the previous birds of prey , coral fishes , cats series , forest animals ] , Concentrate more on Wild animals , [ as papo is the real competitor in this area ] and above all , they should make animals in action like running , crouching , playing , jaws opening etc.

Exactly Doc, Schleich should do more on action kinda posture. What I really like about the Papo wildlife is the more detailed sculpt. As it is very obvious with their Lions. You can even see the very prominent Saphenous vein.

http://www.laughinggiraffe.com/attac...5&d=1245599973

http://www.laughinggiraffe.com/attac...0&d=1245600250


http://www.laughinggiraffe.com/attac...2&d=1245600335

http://www.laughinggiraffe.com/attac...8&d=1245599383

The Schleich doesn't have this kind of details on their figures yet.

But please don't misunderstood me. Me, myself is a very big fan of the Schleich figures. But my point is, if Papo can do this kinda good job on their figures. Then, they can do it better since they have better financial and experience. And I am only referring to the Wildlife and the Dinosaurs line of Papo coz I really don't like their other lines such as the farm animals and Marine.
That's why I mentioned that Schleich is still on the lead but up to them whether Papo will allow them to overtake them or not.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 28th June 2009, 06:11 PM
Gab Gab is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,002
Default

Well, there a video in Youtube with a Laser machine Sculpting.
This machine make a work to perfection, this is a robot, work faster then a human and sculpt to perfection.It can make a huge difference.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 29th June 2009, 02:42 AM
Lasersword1973's Avatar
Lasersword1973 Lasersword1973 is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab View Post
Well, there a video in Youtube with a Laser machine Sculpting.
This machine make a work to perfection, this is a robot, work faster then a human and sculpt to perfection.It can make a huge difference.

Maybe. With so many high technologies nowadays, many impossible things before is already possible now. Like for instance, The Da Vinci Robot is the one performing many critical surgeries in humans already. They said, the surgery procedure is much faster, it has smaller wound and since it's a computer, it has 100% accuracy. Well, of course there is no more human error involve. Much more in making toys. Of course, they can do a robot to make the figures faster with more precision.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 29th June 2009, 02:57 AM
Lasersword1973's Avatar
Lasersword1973 Lasersword1973 is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,549
Default

@
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0907.jpg (36.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0955.jpg (44.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0960.jpg (32.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0922 - Copy.JPG (48.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0922 - Copy (2).JPG (37.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0961.jpg (32.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0957.jpg (43.8 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.