Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > JUST FOR FUN/FUNHOEK > SPORT/SPORTS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 4th February 2006, 05:12 PM
chief nitwit/chef beweter

Default More for our American members

For the first time, I have somehow avoided or maybe I just have not noticed much mention of the ads that will be aired during the Superbowl and so I am looking forward to watching the game tomorrow.

I do remember way back, when Apple was launched. For me that was the best ad campaign I have ever seen and it did keep me watching the game to see the whole thing. There have been a lot of good ads, so hopefuly I will be pleasantly surprised - I haven't been very impressed by the ads these past few years.

American Football is a strange game which I don't fully understand even though I have now lived in the USA for a lot of years, but I do enjoy watching it sometimes. I generally choose the team I want to win by their uniforms.

This year it is going to be a small gathering of friends, but the company, food and conversation should be fun.
Old 5th February 2006, 06:32 PM
"Klicky Hick"

SO which of the uniforms do you choose this year Helen?? I do the samething if I have no distinct preference of team. I think I am leaning toward the Seahawks...I think.

Peace, love and little plastic people.
Old 5th February 2006, 08:13 PM

Jamie,

I am with you on the uniform issue today, although the Steelers may be the winners; so say many and they have played well this season.

I may have to make my final decision as the teams come out on the field because my other criteria is cute butts.

Just a couple more hours to good company, food, conversation during the game, silence for the ads and I do think I'll be hoping the Seahawks win. Their uniforms do look a little better.
Old 5th February 2006, 09:59 PM
"Klicky Hick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen

my other criteria is cute butts.
That's the whole point to football isn't it? It's all about the tightends.

Peace, love and little plastic people.
Old 5th February 2006, 10:11 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

I'm a Pittsburgher-- and there is nothing quite like a fanatical Pittsburgh fan-- you should have seen the city when we won the AFC Championship game. We've been waiting a lllllllooooooooonnnnnngggggg time for a Super Bowl!!!

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Stacey
Old 6th February 2006, 05:37 AM

BOO HOO HOOOOOO
I lost, but had a good time doing it.

It wasn't a very exciting game and in my opinion not enough cute butts.

As to the half-time show - not bad - I was rather surprised that the "Rolling Bones" weren't forced to sing spliced songs, but then I guess they got to do what they wanted. I must say that it has been a while since a half time show was a show not an assembly of odd performences.

Commercials were not really much to talk about, but I did like the Burger King one. It was really extremely hokey, but entertaining, although not one that should be repeated much, because it is just too hokey and would be very annoying. Of course there was a good Budweiser ad - really charming one with a Clydesdale foal trying to pull a large Budweiser cart and after trying a bit it starts to move, so the foal thinks it's great - 2 adult Clydesdales are pushing it from the back.

So the company was great, food and game okay - I had a great time.
Old 6th February 2006, 06:04 AM
Magical Dragon

I had to work so I didn't get to watch the game. We had it on the radio so we got to hear our team lose. :? :( :? :(
But, it's been an exciting season for Seattle and even though it's disappointing to lose... it was fun to have the Seahawks in the Superbowl.
Old 6th February 2006, 04:50 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

By "spliced songs" do you mean FCC interference?
Because according to NPR, there was a 5 second delay, and a couple potentially offensive lyrics were removed. :x

Commercials- Yep, the Burger King ad was great- overally very impressed with Bud, as always. The "magic fridge" ad was my fav- :lol:

And why were the Steelers allowed to cheat so much?
Old 7th February 2006, 05:07 AM

I do think the referees were not quite as good as they should have been. I will admit that had that one outrageous call been ruled in the favour of the Seahawks, they still may not have won, but it may have made it a more exciting game.

Remember seeing nearly everything but a nipple (barely on screen long enough to be seen) is not wholesome fare for a Superbowl, but using the Stones and a 5 second delay avoided all that this year.
Old 16th December 2007, 02:15 PM

Well, once again the football season is heading towards it's final stages and as yet I haven't been around one whole game this season. So I haven't even noticed the uniforms nor whether it's going to be a bumper crop of cute butts.

We're getting the soggy left-overs of the horrendous ice storm that devastated close to half the country; so I think while clattering around it's a day when I'll glance in on a whole game today. Maybe I'll get an idea whether there cute butts and nice "costumes" making it into the finals.

I do know that one of the NY area teams is likely play a longer season, while the other will not make it much further. I've never thought either team has had the best "costumes" and this year it's not that different.