Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > PLAYMOBIL > STORIES AND FAN FOTOS/VERHALEN EN FOTOS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 15th June 2014, 07:27 PM
"notorious playmo pirate"

Default Display in Chateau in Swiss

Especially for the French reading members here a nice piece on a display put together by Richard Ungelik, Bruno (Brubil) and Dirk (Onnedin) in a Swiss chateau.
http://blog.klerelo.com/2014/03/chat...-le-musee.html

Have fun y'all
Old 16th June 2014, 12:13 AM
Just call me Mad Nick - an Original Reporter

Wonderful, thanks for posting.

Mad Nick
Old 16th June 2014, 02:22 AM
"She from Down Under"

Thanks for sharing. I don't which is the more impressive, the display or the venue itself. I had to go and look up Chateau Chillon and now I want to go and see it.
Cheers
Janette
Old 17th June 2014, 01:44 PM
"notorious playmo pirate"

That's one of the great advantages of living here (the Netherlands) at this time; for the last 2 years, the gathering of 'known and befriend' Playmo enthousiasts has grown and intensified. This also has something to do with the PCC, although it's not entirely due to that.

About 10 years ago when I started getting involved in PM, we had about 2-3 meetings at peoples' homes somewhere in the Netherlands or Belgium.
This of course besides the big annual meetings in Germany, Luxembourg and France.

In the past few years the annual meeting in Wolfsburg has stopped, but the Luxplaymodays in Luxembourg, Seneffe in Belgium and several meetings in France and Spain have continued or been added.
Furthermore the number of small meetings have increased and more new people are getting known or start getting involved than there are people stepping out of the scene.

We've had meetings in a soccer cantine, a community center and in a hotel in the past year, on top of meetings at someones home.
All these events seem to become an annual happening instead of a one time thing.

Playmobil becomes aware of it's huge and profitable adult fan base and a lot of 'closet cases' step into the light, mostly by buying PM on-line from one of the 'known', who ask if they collect.

We estimated that at the public meeting in the hotel probably 3 quarters of the adults there where unknown collectors instead of parents or grandparents looking for toys for their kids. The traders of MIB collectors items there did good business there. With high prices for collectible MIB items compared to regularly available items, chance is small that those sets were sold for kids to be played with.
Some people had lists of pieces they were looking for from the parts traders.

That's the situation in the low countries for the moment, the way I see it...
Old 22nd June 2014, 08:01 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Smile

Château Chillon is set in one of Switzerland's most scenic & beautiful location

I love Richard's Playmobil inspired Artwork !

I remember year's ago being approached by him with regards to using pictures from my Autumn victorian tales in one of his book or exhibition but I got so busy I never found out whether there were used or not

I totally agree SB and as strange as it may sound, I have never attended or been to a Playmo exhibition yet and living now in Luxembourg, I am so very much looking forward to visiting the Playmoluxdays in August !

I have made so many Friends throughout the Playmobil Forums community over the years, that it will be such a treat to finally get to meet them in person

Karim