Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > CUSTOMIZED ANIMALS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 6th February 2010, 04:20 PM
WILLYBACOBOY

No thanks Ania!
We all thank you for beeing a member here, a fantastic artist and sculptor, and willing to take our wishes into your hands, and making us those wonderfull models!

Yes Phil, sometimes Ania sends me some pics of the work she is busy with at the moment.
But we go down way back on this forum, and i was the first who bought and ordered a model from her.
She always wants to know my opinion, because she knows i am critical, and that must lead to better models at the end.
I know she has the skills, so i want her to make the best she can, if it was only for own sake...
We are talking about going into business together some time ago, so it is important for me too, to know what she is doing, and how her work is progressing of course.
It goes exactly the same way like you mentioned, before she starts to make a model indeed.
The nice thing is, that you can have your model as you wanted it, and where is that possible.
Of course i know about this so called secret project, and we discussed it already a long time ago, and how we are going to do that, with which sources and materials and so on.
But any help in this is welcome to her i think, and we can always use someone on the other side of the ocean...
Most important for me is, that she keeps enjoying what she is doing, without feeling too much pressure, and that she can make us the nice things she is doing already now.
Anyway, i will assist and protect her in any possible way here, so she will be the one that has the most profit of this situation, and of her incredible talents!
I think she deserves that, and i know you agree 100% on that!
You are the lucky owner of some of the best models in business Phil!
Old 6th February 2010, 04:33 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLYBACOBOY View Post
Of course i know about this so called secret project, and we discussed it already a long time ago, and how we are going to do that, with which sources and materials and so on.
But any help in this is welcome to her i think, and we can always use someone on the other side of the ocean...
Willy, I think this so called secret project You think it's bongo. But on the bongo project I'm still working, and it's not secret. It's not ready yet but I will send You some photos soon, because I have winter holidays-more time.
But Phil idea is something different, a big challenge, but I will start sculpt it a little bit later, I have to find very good moment for it. I think the start is always the most important moment for me. Just like the most frightening thing for many artist is white piece of paper
Old 6th February 2010, 05:59 PM

Willy, You've shown here 3 different models of male okapis, because I sculpted this 3 times! That was my fault because I tried cast them but this failed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLYBACOBOY;47832
[url=http://www.imgbox.de
[/url]
New male sculpt,leftside
The first photo showing right this one which I've sent to You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLYBACOBOY;47832[url=http://www.imgbox.de
[/url]
Rightside
But below is different model. This one is made in soft clay which can't get harder anyhow. The only way for this model would be make mold and cast.
You've shown also other photos showing difficulties which I had. There will be more in future I suppose. For example if I want too learn how to cast
Old 6th February 2010, 06:08 PM

I decided to show here another soft models, which I tried to cast in the same time as Willy's okapi:
eland1.jpg

topi1s.jpg

They will probably never be cast either, but I still have them in my fridge They survived few making molds trials. Why do I show it here
Old 6th February 2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana View Post
I decided to show here another soft models, which I tried to cast in the same time as Willy's okapi:
They will probably never be cast either, but I still have them in my fridge They survived few making molds trials. Why do I show it here

You show it here because you know we love your work. The eland is really wonderful with a fine pose.
Old 6th February 2010, 06:49 PM

They're both lovely. Have you made a zebra or any horse sculpts?
I love the big cat that Willy posted, what kind of wild cat is he? They're all so gorgeous. I would love to have a figurine made by you
Old 6th February 2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKHollinstone View Post
They're both lovely. Have you made a zebra or any horse sculpts?
I love the big cat that Willy posted, what kind of wild cat is he? They're all so gorgeous. I would love to have a figurine made by you
I dream to make Gravy's Zebra one day. I also thought about horses, and I believe there will be time in future to make some.
The cat showed by Willy is snow panther but without spots it's difficult to recognize.
When I finally would be able to cast figures, then there will be possible to send it to more people. I'm working on it, maybe next few months would show the results
Old 6th February 2010, 07:05 PM

You really are very talented. Some company should hire you!
Old 6th February 2010, 08:28 PM

Thank you for sharing this son is new and exciting, and we remain voiceless in the development and creation of these models
Again thank you to Willy and of course the artist What Ana and also to Phill buster that the talented hands of Ana Thank you, Thank you
Old 7th February 2010, 02:50 AM
WILLYBACOBOY

Ana, don't be shy here...
You should know better then that!
Even those pre-sculptures are very good!
Everybody can see that those are beautifull antelopes,like the elen- and the topi!
They can both go in production without any doubt...
When my feeling doesn't ly to me,there will be a time that your models are going to be the top of the bill one day!!!
Good for the first people who bought some of you too...