Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > CUSTOMIZED ANIMALS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 6th February 2010, 03:16 AM
WILLYBACOBOY

Default The re-paint of the Schleich cheetah

In the same time i ordered the re-paint for the Przewalski-horse into a Tarpan, i asked Ania to make a King-cheetah for me, as in a re-paint of the Schleich retired cheetah model.
Here is what she made for me...the awesome coloured king-cheetah.

Together with the original model.

Next part are the latest antelope models she made for Phil.
Old 6th February 2010, 03:25 AM
WILLYBACOBOY

Default The gerenuks,bontebok calf and nilgai's

Here are the latest models Ania made for Phil.
some awesome gerenuks, the calf to the bontebok pair and a beautifull pair of nilgai's!
I don't have to tell anybody that she is getting better with every model she makes.
Ania, you have a Godgiven talent girl!

Gerenuk male

Gerenuk female, what a beautifull and natural pose!

The sweetest suckling bontebok calf you can imagine!

Nilgai buck in progress, rightside

And leftside.

And the end-result, an awesome Nilgai buck!

And a fantastic female to the buck!

A great pair, which will have a calf someday i guess...

Now we all wait eagerly for the next things that are coming.
I know, that next to myself there are more members that ordered more from Ania.
And there is some other secret project in the make.
Lets hope we can enjoy for a very long time the talents and skills of this girl!
Go Ania, GO!!!
Old 6th February 2010, 03:51 AM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Here are the bontebok she made for me earlier, the young that she just did was part of the set, but I was so excited to see the adults that I had her send them before the baby was finished.

Old 6th February 2010, 03:57 AM
WILLYBACOBOY

I forgot this picture Phil...i had it on my pc too...
Old 6th February 2010, 08:04 AM

They are all so beautiful; I can't find the words to say how amazing they are. Ana's talent is absolutely outstanding. You definitely have a special gift Ana. It must be really satisfying being able to do something so perfectly.
Old 6th February 2010, 03:16 PM
WILLYBACOBOY

That can't be said enough!
Very very talented!
I wish i would be able to make the animals that i wanted!
Old 6th February 2010, 03:59 PM

Her talant is what drove me to ask her to do sculptures for me. I know I take up a lot of her time, for which I am both sorry and extreamly greatful. I am patient most of the time, occasionally I get too excited and she has to remind me that sculpting is a side job, but it isn't that I can't wait, I just know her skills and can't wait to see the pictures of what she has done. I see she has sent Willy pics of all of the animals she has done for me, and I wish there were ways for her to make a mold, that was the origingal idea with my models, she would make the origingal sculpture, make a mold and cast and paint the figures to send to me, and if others want them she had a ready made mold to recreate the figure. For me this is fine, but I also love the fact that I have originals.

For me the beauty is that we collaberate on each figure, I have an idea of a position or pose, she draws some rough outlines, or we send pictures off the web to get the pose. That is how we came up with the feeding gerenuk, I wanted a gerenuk, but not just standing there. When searching the web for photos, they were always in prs, one feeding the other looking on as a guard. So now my male watches over his mate as she feeds. Same with the eland, looked at poses and decided on one calling a challange, maybe in the future I will have another male to answer the call, or a female that is interested in him.

We are working now on a special project, I will let everyone know what that is closer to the time when they are ready, but just a teaser, it is 2 different species, one that there are no toy models of and the other there are a few, but not in the correct scale. This will be Ana's and my first full scene, rather then just some animals that I can put on the diorama and photograph. It is one of the reasons I am doubling the size of the diorama, I need a lot more room and I am excited just writing about it. I have put the grass matt down on the foam board, made a lot of rock molds, they are not painted yet, but I have the grass and red dirt. In the last photos of the diorama, the earth areas were burnt grass and dirt, but if you look at the pictures of African savanna, the earth colors are reddish, so I took some fine fill, colored red and put it down everywhere there was no grass, and even inbetween the grass blades to make it look more like a savanna biotope. As soon as Ana's new antelopes are here I will get some great pictures of the finished part of the model.

No matter what happens I love her work, and hope to eventually have a whole set of antelope and gazelles, even if I don't have a diorama in mind for a particular species her work is so fantastic that a series of originals made by here would be a collection worth having. Thanks for all your hard work Ania.
Old 6th February 2010, 04:01 PM

Willy, Thank You very much!
I did not expect to see such thread, special for me
I'm not finding better words now, I really don't know what to say, but what You did is very very nice, and thank You again.
Old 6th February 2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKHollinstone View Post
They are all so beautiful; I can't find the words to say how amazing they are. Ana's talent is absolutely outstanding. You definitely have a special gift Ana. It must be really satisfying being able to do something so perfectly.
HKHolinstone, I must say I will probably never reach 100% satisfaction in this matter, I always can see they could be better. But it's pleasure to see You and other LG members like them, and I like the process of making them. But most of them would probably never be finish(or even start) if I would make them only for myself.
Old 6th February 2010, 04:15 PM

Phil, Thank You very much too
As I said several times You and your enthusiasm give me great motivation to make animals figures. And I like your project very much too, it's great to send animals to their natural habitats