Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > CUSTOMIZED ANIMALS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 4th February 2010, 11:59 AM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Default Custom made antelopes

I want to show You antelopes figures which I made for our friend Phil. They are in way now, I hope they will come safety to their new home First some African antelopes, gerenuks:
male
gerenuk3.jpg

and female
gerenuk4.jpg

and male again but from another side
gerenukc1.jpg

and here is baby for bonteboks, I think it will looks much better together with it's mother
bontebokm.jpg

I made also some antelopes from Asia, there we have Nilgai
male:
nilgau3.jpg

closer view:
nilgau2.jpg

and his wife:
nilgau1.jpg

I hope they will feel good in their new home, on beautiful dioramas made by Phil. I'm afraid only about predators from there, but I believe my antelopes are smarter and will never be caught
Old 4th February 2010, 12:31 PM

They are absolutly Fantastic Ana! Beautiful figures. You are so clever!
Old 4th February 2010, 12:49 PM

Absolutely fantastic, very realistic and finely modeled. A great compliment to you.
Have you also made these antelopes from Fimo Soft? I have had the problem with Fimo Soft, for example, that this was too soft for the legs. So I wire incorporated into the legs, similar to the old Elastolin / Lineol figures.
BG
Old 4th February 2010, 01:09 PM

Ana, they look great, but You know how I feel from all of the emails during the sculpting, as before your work gets better and better with each animal you make, and the diorama gets more and more crowded. As you all can see I love antelopes, after zebra they are my favorite group of animals, them and wild cats. I now have most of the ones I want for this display, there are others that I am hoping to get, maybe some sable, bongo, oryx in the correct scale, Ana and I have also been talking about several lechwe species, I'm sure there will be more, but I just wanted to thank her for her work.

For those of you who don't know yet I have plans to doubled the size of the African diorama, I have the foam board, all of the grass I need, the green ground cover and I bought a bunch of different rock molds to make the Asian diroama, but these will have to double as African grassflat rocks as well. I have not make the stand to attach to the current model, but when it is done the shape will be the original idea which was an "L" . If you can imagine the diorama as it is now, I will add the space to the right and in front, so the zebra will be looking over to the new space, and in that space Ana is preparing a great supprise, I don't want to give it away, but it is another animal that there are very few toys made of, and none in the pose I am asking her to sculpt. When the time comes there will be another thred on the subject.

Again I want to say how beautiful they are, and I can't wait to see them on the diorama.
Old 4th February 2010, 01:40 PM

Wow, I applaud your talent! I especially like the nilgai, my favorite antelope species.
Old 4th February 2010, 03:27 PM
Wildheart

They are so nice,Ana!!!
You are the Picasso of animal figurines.
Old 4th February 2010, 04:05 PM

Ana you are totally unbelievable. your sculpting is getting incredibly better from the first models you made. These are absolutely stunning - in my opinion the best so far especially the Nilgai and in particular the male Nilgai. The sculpturing of the body head and face is superb and extremely realistic.

If Schleich do not take this particular model on board then I eat my own hat! If Andres can create stunning photographs for Schleich then so can you create brilliant models for Schleich. It is almost criminal that your artistic skills are not being used at Schleich....but on the other hand you are creating little individual pieces that will increase with value over time I am sure so why go commerical?

Whatever the case make moulds, keep them and I wish you the best of luck for the future.....having moulds of your models will enable you to capitalise on your skills should you consider selling some to the rest of us.

That male Nilgai is spot on - totally fantastic!

Well done!

:-)
Old 4th February 2010, 04:25 PM

Ok, it's time to find the right words.

Ana, your hands are giving us more than beautiful pics of the wonderful animals you are making.

You are giving real life to our dreams...

Each time I watch for your new creations, my heart beats faster and a smile comes automatically on my face, it makes me think it's a good thing to be alive.

I know Phil will be very happy and I dream of the ones you are making for me... The day they will be here, I will be for a moment the King of the world.

Take care Ana because you give us so much joy and happiness.

Thank you
Old 4th February 2010, 04:32 PM
"keep cool - has a chocolate Heart"

Gorgeous work, you are exceptionally talented Ana, thank you for posting the wonderful pictures. There are Gerenuk at the zoo here and your's look exactly right.
Old 4th February 2010, 04:44 PM

Thank for all of You very much for your words. I had great fun making them, and I'm so happy You like them too! It's pleasure to hear all this sweet words, this is probably the most pleasant moment for all artists. I'm happy to hear that so many of You like Nilgai antelopes which are one of my favorite, too.
I still didn't make any mold from my figures. I have project which was mentioned here few times, but it's not ready yet. I had very busy January because of many exams in my studies, but now I have winter holidays so I hope I will work on this more.
Christophe You are a real poet here Thank You very much, I love reading your comments, they are smart or funny but usually very smart and funny