Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > CUSTOMIZED ANIMALS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 23rd November 2009, 04:33 AM
Lasersword1973's Avatar
Lasersword1973 Lasersword1973 is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,549
Default

That's cool!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 23rd November 2009, 05:26 AM
WILLYBACOBOY
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In that case, the buffalo looks ok as an Asian waterbuffalo with his broader and wider horns.(in Crocodile-Dundee 1, you can see a fine example of this species, where it does live in the wild too now, and was blocking the road)
But there are so much animals in those forests too.
It depends on which part of Asia you want to make.
India could have the gaur indeed,the Indian rhino,langur-species,reticulated python,king-cobra,leopard,Asian lion(although only in the Gir-forest),blue peacock,Indian wild boar,Indian red wild dog(Dhole),Indian wolf,sloth bear,sambhar-deer,Barasingha-deer,barking-deer(muntjak)hog-deer,hangul-deer,Thamin-deer, and so on.
But since this new diorama is smaller,i would choose only the main animals you want of course.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 23rd November 2009, 05:49 AM
Lasersword1973's Avatar
Lasersword1973 Lasersword1973 is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,549
Default

Small area seems not a problem at all. Can make it look like a natural reserve or a free roam zoo for instance. As long as there is no big predators around like tigers to feasts on the deer and cattle. All these big herbivores can be put together.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 23rd November 2009, 02:46 PM
philter4's Avatar
philter4 philter4 is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I am in Placerville, Northern California
Posts: 775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasersword1973 View Post
Small area seems not a problem at all. Can make it look like a natural reserve or a free roam zoo for instance. As long as there is no big predators around like tigers to feasts on the deer and cattle. All these big herbivores can be put together.
My thoughts are similar, but there will be a tiger hiding in the forest edge, watching the herbivores, and maybe 2 hidden cubs waiting for mother to go hunting. I think that and the tapir will be in the forest, then the rest will be on the grass or in the river.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 23rd November 2009, 03:42 PM
Schleichzoo Schleichzoo is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 404
Default

quite impressive phil. I reckon you and Ana should do a joint venture with Willy as the sales rep! You all have the skills!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 23rd November 2009, 06:05 PM
Lasersword1973's Avatar
Lasersword1973 Lasersword1973 is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philter4 View Post
My thoughts are similar, but there will be a tiger hiding in the forest edge, watching the herbivores, and maybe 2 hidden cubs waiting for mother to go hunting. I think that and the tapir will be in the forest, then the rest will be on the grass or in the river.

I think that's a good idea, Phil. I think a tiger isn't a big problem, provided there are Asian Elephants to guard the area. Haha.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 23rd November 2009, 06:48 PM
Ana's Avatar
Ana Ana is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bielsko-Biala, Poland
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasersword1973 View Post
I think that's a good idea, Phil. I think a tiger isn't a big problem, provided there are Asian Elephants to guard the area. Haha.
So one day this tiger gonna die in cause of starvation
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 23rd November 2009, 08:53 PM
philter4's Avatar
philter4 philter4 is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I am in Placerville, Northern California
Posts: 775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana View Post
So one day this tiger gonna die in cause of starvation
I'll put some human figures there so she can eat whenever she wants
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 23rd November 2009, 08:58 PM
Ana's Avatar
Ana Ana is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bielsko-Biala, Poland
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philter4 View Post
I'll put some human figures there so she can eat whenever she wants
You cruel man! But, please, safe at least women and children!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 24th November 2009, 04:13 AM
Gab Gab is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,002
Default

Thank You Phil i am working in a Cape Bufalo, in this moment.
__________________
"El amanecer de la Sabana"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.