Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > CUSTOMIZED ANIMALS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 1st November 2009, 06:11 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLYBACOBOY View Post
Thank you all!
I let her make the king-cheetah and the tarpan,because no manufacturer makes them actually.
Another king-cheetah already exist, made by Kaiyodo, but it is smaller than Schleich... But absolutely in scale with Britains and the 70's companies .
Here is it :
Old 1st November 2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiryuha View Post
Ana, your work is wonderful!
I like both okapis very much! But don't like repainted cheetah and the horse

Hi Kyrill, maybe Ana is the answer so you can finally have an Indian Gaur?
How about that, Ana?
Old 3rd November 2009, 06:40 AM
WILLYBACOBOY

Just ask her i would like to say,but i know she is very busy,and there are more people on the waiting list....
But she is to decide on that,not me...
The king-cheetah was a project for me to make this unique version of this animal,and not commercial like in white tigers or lions i must say that too...
Like a kind of memory when this version of this animal doesn't excist anymore maybe...
This is the same for me on the tarpan,one of the (sub-)species of wild horses in Europe.
I am not like the German brothers Heck,who did try to breed the tarpan back,but i did it this way...
So many creatures died in this last European wild jungle-forests,or almost like the European bison or wisent,it is a shame....

When you know that some of them just died out less then 135 years ago(1879 last wild living Tarpan Askania Nova Ukraine)....,you can almost see them roaming around in the European forests...

1627 Puszcza Jaktorowska Poland,the auerochs,the last living animals of this animal...al least this sub-species,because it did originate from the east(India with a different sub-species,and north-Africa too).

1921,the last European bison died in the wild,but were brought back,because there was a healthty population in the zoo's......
By the way,they are so much related to the American bison,that the can produce furtile offspring!
As we know,much of the European and Asian animals migrated into the new land abroad when the land-bridge was there....
Old 5th November 2009, 12:23 PM

Tarpans are "alife" in Poland in "Polish horse" (I don't know how iit names in english - in polish = "konik polski").
Many horses on the farms has got tarpans gens/blood. So there is a breed called konik polski (and it is "reintroduced" in Puszcza Bialowieska forest).
In almost all zoos in Poland this breed is available to see :)
This breed/species of horse is very simmillar to original tarpan.
The wisent is also alife in polish forests - Puszcza Bialowieska and in the mountains - Bieszczady and maybe somewhere more...
Old 5th November 2009, 01:51 PM

Absolutely amazing job. They all look great, but I am drawn to the tarpan. I had a quarter horse that was a grulla and her color was very close to that. She had the zebra striped legs and the black tips on her ears and the black line down her back. In the winter she got a very fuzzy coat.
Old 6th November 2009, 05:42 AM
WILLYBACOBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNAJM View Post
Tarpans are "alife" in Poland in "Polish horse" (I don't know how iit names in english - in polish = "konik polski").
Many horses on the farms has got tarpans gens/blood. So there is a breed called konik polski (and it is "reintroduced" in Puszcza Bialowieska forest).
In almost all zoos in Poland this breed is available to see :)
This breed/species of horse is very simmillar to original tarpan.
The wisent is also alife in polish forests - Puszcza Bialowieska and in the mountains - Bieszczady and maybe somewhere more...
We do have a big nature area around here(Oostvaarders-plassen),where Koniks and the re-bred aur-oches(Heck cattle) are walking free around.
In another big wildpark(Natuurpark Lelystad) where my girl-friend lives,not far from there,there are Przewalski-horses and wisents...
See the pics...

These were only a few of those pics...
Old 6th November 2009, 05:43 AM
WILLYBACOBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandmkw View Post
Absolutely amazing job. They all look great, but I am drawn to the tarpan. I had a quarter horse that was a grulla and her color was very close to that. She had the zebra striped legs and the black tips on her ears and the black line down her back. In the winter she got a very fuzzy coat.
Show us some pictures of that particular horse please...
Old 6th November 2009, 02:55 PM

These are he only pictures I have of her on my comptuter. These pictures were taken when she had her winter coat. In the summer most of her coat looks close to the color of her head. Her winter coat tended to be lighter in color. These pictures were taken in the spring, so she didn't have the full winter coat, but still a lot for a horse in Texas.

I will see if I can find my other pictures and scan them into my computer. Her, her mother and her big brother were all this color.
Old 6th November 2009, 03:24 PM
WILLYBACOBOY

Thank you for posting these pics.
It looks a lot like the tarpan or konik indeed!
Old 6th November 2009, 03:27 PM

She was a nightmare. She had colic every time we turned around and had a bad temper. I ended up giving her to a trainer about 7 years ago and he said she was one of the smartest horses he had ever trained. I would love to be able to get her back, but don't see that happening.