Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > CUSTOMIZED ANIMALS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd March 2009, 02:53 AM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Default custom made king vulture

This is especially for Ana, i believe your work is of the best quality available, and i would buy any of your pieces any day.

This King vulture is one of the birds that was custom made for me by a canadian artist.

Very soon i plan on ordering from him, the largest order that i have ever placed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kv1.jpg (94.5 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg kv2.jpg (71.4 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg kv3.jpg (99.4 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg kv4.jpg (79.6 KB, 66 views)
Old 5th March 2009, 01:49 PM
WILLYBACOBOY

Nice bird!
How much did it cost you to make this animal for you?
Old 5th March 2009, 02:48 PM

This pose costed me 85 usd, i have a second one with the wings open, that one was a little more expensive at 135 usd, i will probably get most of the birds now with the wings close, because it really comes out a lot cheaper, the two birds that i have order recently are the
African ground hornbill
roseate sponbill

I will take pics as soon as i get them, especially interested in the hornbill since it will add to collection of this bird species, my plan will be to have most hornbill species in the diorama.
Old 5th March 2009, 02:58 PM
WILLYBACOBOY

I am really curious to see the other birds to.
The prices are to high for me right now,but maybe later...
Old 5th March 2009, 03:08 PM

I know Willy tell me about it, this economy really sucks, i wish i could order 50 bird species every month from this guy, but it is just not possible, the price is high, i really do not have many other artist's to compare this fee to, but the one thing that i can tell you is that this guy is the best in his field, i have seen so many articles in dollhouse magazines about him, he is by far top in making miniature figures, so i rather get the quality from him, that take a chance with a local unknown artist.

Anyways around april sometime, i will be getting a little bit of money and i plan on using a lot of it towards this guy, i wanted an entrance for the zoo, and i was set on the Berlin Zoo Elephant gates, but it is too expensive,

the estimate came back to me, to 8500 usd for the gate itself and the two buildings to the right and left, that is just too much money right now, and i will not compromise the detail and get a low cost version of the gates, i rather not have them made.

So now i will have some money towards birds, and plan on making a large free flight aviary myself.
Old 5th March 2009, 08:25 PM

Wow, You have really nice vulture! Really good work this man did for You, and if You want any figures from me, just let me know. I'm so excited. I don't know what to say. You tell me so fantastic and kind words. I tried to say something better but I just don't know what
Old 5th March 2009, 10:14 PM
WILLYBACOBOY

Hi Berlin!
I am already thinking about making some zoo-enclosures myself.
That can't be so difficult.
You need just the right tools and materials.
And the sizes of course when you want to copy an original from a particular zoo.
The only problem would be the copying of some parts of the enclosures that are sculptured like statues and animals,for that you would need some talent like Ana.
Old 6th March 2009, 02:13 AM

Dear Ana i have left you a private message, i would love to hear back when you can, thank you for your words, I can see what an incredible person you are, the very best.
take care
Danny
Old 6th March 2009, 02:23 AM

Willy, i couldn't agree with you more, today i finally had the muse visit me, and men she did a great job, the inspiration came as i was looking at one of the pics of Disney"s Animal Kingdom park, and let me tell you it was the best thing that probably happen to me in the last couple of years.

Not only will a be able to save a ton of money for other projects (especially custom made animal figures) but i believe that as gorgeous as the Berlin Zoo entrance probably would have looked, what i have now in my mind, will blow that out of the water, and i only need to use a local carpenter shop for the frame work, the rest i will do myself.

How funny that you were just writing about doing something yourself, Willy men i'm so happy right now that i had to write all the info down and draw it, i don't want to forget one detail, all i want to say is I Love Schleich.
The only thing will be that the theme of the zoo will change a little, but the entrance will be spectacular.
Will start work on it this weekend, massive is the word.
Old 6th March 2009, 02:28 AM
"keep cool - has a chocolate Heart"

Hmmm very intriguing...

The vulture is great as are the other birds you posted recently in your Flickr account.