Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > GENERAL DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 20th November 2011, 04:25 AM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Default Schleich Scale

What is the Schleich Scale? I have seen several different scales. Would they match the HO train scale? Please help! Thanks.
Old 20th November 2011, 04:38 PM
chief nitwit/chef beweter

Hello Sue,

Schleich has a few different scales but none of them are HO scale. Finding the animals is tough and the better place to look is model railroading sites.
Old 21st November 2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCooper View Post
What is the Schleich Scale? I have seen several different scales. Would they match the HO train scale? Please help! Thanks.
Hi Sue, HO scale is 1:87, most Schleich are 1:20 or larger. Helen is correct, model sites are a good place to look, but it also depends on what you are looking for and why. If it has to be HO scale you don't have too many option, if you are just looking for smaller scale the military modeling people use 54mm or 2 inch scale and that is the Britians same as and many other vintage brands as well. Herein the older and vintage forums there are many collections and brands that may interest. You.
Old 22nd November 2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philter4 View Post
Hi Sue, HO scale is 1:87, most Schleich are 1:20 or larger. Helen is correct, model sites are a good place to look, but it also depends on what you are looking for and why. If it has to be HO scale you don't have too many option, if you are just looking for smaller scale the military modeling people use 54mm or 2 inch scale and that is the Britians same as and many other vintage brands as well. Herein the older and vintage forums there are many collections and brands that may interest. You.
Well see, I have a ton of Schleich animals and some Safari LTD, but was hoping to throw a reasonably-sized train in my diorama.
Old 22nd November 2011, 03:47 AM

G-scale is 1:22.5 so it is a very good scale train if you. Are trying to match your figures, look T some local model railroad shops to see if that would work for you. Good luck and I hope to see some photos if you set something up