Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > JUST FOR FUN/FUNHOEK > SPORT/SPORTS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 21st April 2009, 01:21 AM
Just call me Mad Nick - an Original Reporter

Default The best F1 driver of all time

Gab started something interseting...so I'm creating my own...so who do you think is the best F1 driver of all time?

I personally think that Alain Prost was/is the best.

And while we are at it...what do you think of F1 this year? I beleive we are going to have an amazing season...a lot more fun that what has been happening in the last 10 years.

Mad vroum vroum Nick
Old 21st April 2009, 02:05 AM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

The best driver was the Argentinian Fangio, his live was very intresting.
I liked the Brasilian Sena.
Old 21st April 2009, 02:08 AM
Just call me Mad Nick - an Original Reporter

Fangio was one of the greatest. As for Sena, all I will say is that he was a good driver...I could not stand him outside of his car.

Mad Nick
Old 21st April 2009, 02:09 AM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

This year i go for FERRARI TEAM!!
NBA Playoffs i go for San antonio Spurs, Soccer Barcelona Club, Tennis Rafael Nadal, Golf El Pato Cabrera, Tennis Williams Serena And Venus.
Old 21st April 2009, 02:10 AM
"Feuerwehrkommandant"

My age shows up here! I would have to say it's one of Stirling Moss and Juan Manuel Fangio. I'd go so far as to say that the best driver of all time is Stirling Moss as he was successful not only in F1 but also in saloon car racing and sports car racing and rallying - four very different branches of motor sport, each calling for very different skills.

This season so far? From what I have seen there has been more overtaking, but not much more and the excitement seems more to have come from the weather than anything else. Aerodynamics still limit overtaking because of the effects they have on the stability of a closely following car, something which wasn't a factor in the first 40 or so years of F1 from 1950. Racing needs to have overtaking and lots of it. I can recall the lead in a race changing five times in a single lap in the two and a half litre formula days, but even with the changes for 2009 the result of a race still seems to depend heavily on what happens at the pit stops. Maybe it's too early to judge and only when we see more races run under less wet conditions will it be possible to judge.

F1 seems far too bogged down in complicated rules, whether they are to do with practising for grid positions, technical requirements, or whatever. The best formula is a simple one and I'd say something like engine at the front, unenclosed wheels, a maximum engine capacity of 2.5 litres and a minimum and a maximum weight might prove very interesting.
Old 27th April 2009, 02:04 PM
"notorious playmo pirate"

Default Schumi

I'd like to say Niki Lauda is the best ever since he was the one I was rooting for at that time. Unfortunately M. Schumacher has proven to be the (technically, gifted) best one ever so far. Whether the person is likeable or not and whether all of his actions on circuits have always been nice and decent, is not included in this comparison. But he can surely drive!

SB