Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > FAN PHOTOS, STORIES, COLLECTIONS and DIORAMAS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd July 2011, 07:50 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Default duck hunting in ancient egypt

here`s the whole diorama from the 6th foto competition's picture "hidden danger"

Old 2nd July 2011, 08:15 PM

Wow. This is one of the best dioramas I have seen so far, but it had to cost a fortune.
Old 2nd July 2011, 11:26 PM

Great job, if I can ask, what brand are the ducks? I know elastoline makes some but I love the flying ones. Thanks for the whole layout photos, you did a fantastic job on each part of the diorama.
Old 3rd July 2011, 07:55 AM

Erik, it's absolutely fantastic! It's so incredible, I love the birds lifting off from the water, really realistic!!
Old 3rd July 2011, 05:53 PM

thanks for posting...what detail and realism in this project. MMM, makes me wonder about the challenge of my African diorama. I love your water...so realistic looking. What product did you use for the water? I have SceneArama water.
Old 3rd July 2011, 06:52 PM

thank you so much ,guys!

sorry, for my double posting-that wasn't on purpose(maybe Helen, you can fix it and make it one-thank you )

my animal figurines are all custom made in 1/72 ,by using scaled down (shrunken) parts from all kind (mostly vintage brands) and self sculpted parts
- sounds a little weird , I know.......
for my water I use resin from the company "smooth-on" and in particular its called "crystal clear"
I mix a little bit of color in and create the impression of steep water by painting the base from dark to light
Old 3rd July 2011, 10:03 PM

It's an absolutely beautiful diorama....and the effect you were able to create with the water truly impressive. I'll be storing the "smooth-on" information for the day I finally do a diorama myself ;3
Old 4th July 2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieP View Post
thanks for posting...what detail and realism in this project. MMM, makes me wonder about the challenge of my African diorama. I love your water...so realistic looking. What product did you use for the water? I have SceneArama water.
There is another product that I also use, it is called Magic Water, I like it best of all of the brands I have tried because you can make it more then 1/2 inch deep per pour, most are 1/8 inch to 1/4 at the most per pour so it can take two or three times as long to finish a water feature. Just remember like Kungi mentioned, don't pour the resin clear, it doesn't look natural unless you are doing a clear stream or artificial pond type display, most water is muddy or has algae growing in it so the water is murky.

Kungi, that is a fantastic diorama, you did a spectacular job on it, you should try some larger scales, with your attention to detail you could do some incredible work