Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > GEMEENSCHAPPLIJKE INTERESSE/COMMON INTEREST > HOE WERKT HET - HOW TO
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 30th July 2008, 03:29 AM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

Default Paints for retouching/repainting Schleich figures

If anyone has a Schleich that was painted badly or is in bad condition from being played with, I've discovered that "Model Master" brand "flat black" paint is perfect for retouching black. I used it to retouch the Schleich tinker mare, and the paint blends in so perfectly with the original Schleich paint, I can't even tell where I made the changes. It is the EXACT same shade and matte finish as the original paint.

I do NOT sell this paint. I just wanted to share my discovery. You can find this brand of paint only at hobby stores in the United States. You could probably order it online. I have not tried the other colors in this brand (yet).

Here she is, retouched. I also used a gloss finish to paint over the eyes and nostrils, to make them shiny.

If anyone else has some suggestions for good brands of paint to use, please post it here.
Old 5th March 2009, 08:45 AM

Default About retouching

I am really not worry about paint brands, i find the just a cheap All purpuse permanet acrylic paint, can be a great choice, first price, second easy to clean, third safe for everybody, my top secret it is not the paint, the secret is the sealer spray just a bottle of 12oz can cover a bunch of figures, really a lot!!! i like and use two diferent CLEAR MATTE, to keep the original color and the second my favorite for Hippos, Cocodriles and oil or water touch skin, Acrylic Coating Crystal Clear, dries in minutes, permanent protection and bright crystal like oil or water realistic touch in Hippo or reptiles look amazing.
Both are cheap and of course, Danger extremly flammable, so watch out with your eyes and family.
Once a year we do a Tune up, to some animals of our colletion, we fix noses, spots, manes, thoots. We keep our Zoo animals healthy and good looking (happy and realistic ). And i am trying to teach my kids no only about buying and buying and buying more figures, i am teaching them about take care the collection, in special in these times of financial crisis when we are buying less figures like us use to be.

[
Old 5th March 2009, 08:45 AM

Smile About retouching

I am really not worry about paint brands, i find the just a cheap All purpuse permanet acrylic paint, can be a great choice, first price, second easy to clean, third safe for everybody, my top secret it is not the paint, the secret is the sealer spray just a bottle of 12oz can cover a bunch of figures, really a lot!!! i like and use two diferent CLEAR MATTE, to keep the original color and the second my favorite for Hippos, Cocodriles and oil or water touch skin, Acrylic Coating Crystal Clear, dries in minutes, permanent protection and bright crystal like oil or water realistic touch in Hippo or reptiles look amazing.
Both are cheap and of course, Danger extremly flammable, so watch out with your eyes and family.
Once a year we do a Tune up, to some animals of our colletion, we fix noses, spots, manes, thoots. We keep our Zoo animals healthy and good looking (happy and realistic ). And i am trying to teach my kids no only about buying and buying and buying more figures, i am teaching them about take care the collection, in special in these times of financial crisis when we are buying less figures like us use to be.

[
Old 7th January 2010, 07:48 PM

All purpose acrylic paint? Can we find it in Canada? Because i would love to have some of those...