Laughing Giraffe

Laughing Giraffe (http://www.laughinggiraffe.com/index.php)
-   PHOTO COMPETITIONS - FOTOCOMPETITIE (http://www.laughinggiraffe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Who wins the 9th Photo Competition 2011? (http://www.laughinggiraffe.com/showthread.php?t=5795)

Helen 24th September 2011 11:19 PM

Who wins the 9th Photo Competition 2011?
 
4 Attachment(s)
Here are the 4 entries we got this month.....

They are
1. "Hooded Crane"
2. "Peek-a-boo Kudu"
3. "Silent Stalker"
4. "Tapir"

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

Helen 6th October 2011 04:07 AM

Well, I thought all the photos were rather good and sorry that the winner is being announced so late.

"Hooded Crane" was the winner - so a big congratulations to the photographer.

Who took which Photo???????

SeanieP 6th October 2011 10:56 AM

great realistic photo of the crane in its habitat...I also love the bird--where did you get him!!!:smile:

pachyrhinosaurus 6th October 2011 12:13 PM

When I saw this picture on HK's blog, I thought it was a real one. I only noticed it was a model after it was entered in the competition.

irnm2001 6th October 2011 04:24 PM

Congratulation Harriet. As usual an awesome picture. The same goes to all participants.

Mad Nick

HKHollinstone 6th October 2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanieP (Post 63361)
great realistic photo of the crane in its habitat...I also love the bird--where did you get him!!!:smile:

Thanks everyone:smile:
Shawn, it's a Kaiyodo model - I got her in a trade, the series it's from is called Natural Monuments of Japan. They make/made the best birds, really beautiful figurines.

SeanieP 7th October 2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKHollinstone (Post 63377)
Thanks everyone:smile:
Shawn, it's a Kaiyodo model - I got her in a trade, the series it's from is called Natural Monuments of Japan. They make/made the best birds, really beautiful figurines.

Harriet,

Any hint as to where I can find these? Online? Some on Ebay--but not your crane.

thanks!

HKHollinstone 8th October 2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanieP (Post 63410)
Harriet,

Any hint as to where I can find these? Online? Some on Ebay--but not your crane.

thanks!

This series is quite rare I think, there's a Japanese ebay type website, I can't remember the name, that's where the person I traded with got them from.

drnarayanan 8th October 2011 06:59 PM

It must be a very small scale figure right ?

HKHollinstone 8th October 2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnarayanan (Post 63422)
It must be a very small scale figure right ?

It's about 3 inches/7cm tall


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.